Pittsburgh Pirates fans will want to stay tuned to Pirates Breakdown all through the 2017 baseball season. Here’s what we have planned.
Pittsburgh Pirates fans have really responded to our coverage of their favorite team, and we could not possibly be more grateful.
For 2017, we are ramping things up, and we wanted to give you a preview.
Rapid Reaction In a Revolutionary Format
- Headlining our daily overage this year will be the return of our Takeaways & Throwaways, or TNTs. TNTs are a quick and dirty recap of each and every Pittsburgh Pirates game. Published no later than 30 minutes after each contest, this feature makes PBD the destination to dissect the game that just ended. We’ll highlight everything you need to know from the game in easily digestible format, and we’ll also tell you what’s next. The best way to enjoy our TNTs is through our mobile app, which you can learn more about below.
- Each Morning, we’ll start you off with The Wake-Up Call, our daily primer for fans of both baseball and the Pirates. We’ll offer a quick commentary on hot topics of the day and provide interesting baseball topics around the entire MLB
- Each day at noon eastern, you’ll see our best analysis, commentary podcast, etc. that we can offer for that day. Perfect for lunchtime reading. These could be our usual in-depth analysis pieces, thoughtful commentary, our weekly Rumor Mill and more.
- We’ll also post a second piece around 3pm, for the late afternoon crowd.
- On days when a new series begins, you’ll find Matchups To Watch at 6pm. We’ll highlight the three most important matchups for each and every series.
- Saturdays are for fun, so that’s why you’ll see our Social Media Roundup at noon. We round up all the happenings on social media for the Pittsburgh Pirates and figures around the team.
- Sundays are for Pirates matinees, so before each game we will bring you a complete recap of the Neal Huntington Show, usually published about 20 minutes before gametime. Hear it straight from the GM.
Robust Audio Content
Our podcast feed – Pirates Breakdown Radio – aims to provide diverse audio content. We will have different types of shows to both engage, inform and entertain Pirates fans all season long.
- Our weekly show – Pirates Breakdown Radio – will hit devices each Thursday. With the weekend in sight, we want you to kick back, relax, and talk some Pirates baseball with us.
- We’ll also be putting out The Pirates Week That Was – commentary on how the team fared each week. This will be published every Monday, or Tuesday if the Pirates are involved in Sunday Night Baseball.
- Our debate game show – CANNONBALLS – will be published every Wednesday. We are thrilled with the response to this show thus far. You can check out a previous installment HERE.
- We will also feature one-off interviews, special features, rapid reactions and more.
Subscribe to PBD Radio
The best feature of PBD Radio is that subscribing will deliver the latest content straight to your device of choice. Simply click the appropriate button for your device below, or search for “Pirates Breakdown” in your podcast app of choice.
Download Our Mobile App
The best way to get all of this content is to download our FREE mobile apps for Apple or Android devices. Lightweight, clean and designed with readability in mind first, our app won’t beat you over the head with notifications, but it will tell you when a new piece of content is available. Tap your corresponding device’s button below to go and grab it:
From the bottom of mine and our staff’s hearts, we thank you very much for making Pirates Breakdown a destination for quality Pittsburgh Pirates news, opinion and analysis. 2016 was a great first year for us, but 2017 promises to be a significant step forward in our coverage. We’ve got some surprises in tow, and we can’t wait to have you along for the ride.
–Jason Rollison, Editor in Chief-