In our daily Wake-Up Call, we get you ready for the day with a complete look at all things Pittsburgh Pirates.
The Pittsburgh Pirates will kick off their final home stand, a five game slate, tonight.
Here now are the three things fans want to see the most from the team over the home stand:
- Some kind of fire. The club has looked absolutely lifeless over the past several weeks, to the point that it would be refreshing to see some emotion.
- Mistake-free baseball, or as close to it as possible. Errors will happen. TOOTBLANs may even happen. But Pittsburgh Pirates fans are quickly becoming exasperated at the frequency at which they occur.
- Something to feel good about. This one is self-explanatory. We’ve talked in this very space about apathy creeping into the team’s fanbase. What better way to attack against it than giving them something to exalt in? Maybe Andrew McCutchen goes on a mini-tear to end the season, or Gerrit Cole pitches a complete game gem. Overall, what if the team went 7-2 in the final stretch and shows glimpses of what 2017 could have been? All would be welcomed.
Baseball Talk on the Web
- How big is too big for a shortstop?
- Marco Estrada has signed an extension with the Toronto Blue Jays.
Subscribe To Pirates Breakdown Radio
Our podcast feed has been reborn as Pirates Breakdown Radio. On one singular feed, you will find a variety of shows, interviews, quick hits and much more. All designed to keep Pittsburgh Pirates fans informed and entertained no matter where they are.
We are on all the major podcast platforms, including iTunes and Google Play. So whether or not you have an Android or an iPhone/iPad, click on the corresponding button below to get subscribed!
Download Our Mobile Apps
The introduction of our new FREE Mobile Apps gets fans closer to their favorite Pittsburgh Pirates coverage than ever before. Click here to learn about some of the features of our new app – or, if you just can’t wait, click the corresponding app store for your device and grab your copy now.