In our daily Wake-Up Call, we get you ready for the day with a complete look at all things Pittsburgh Pirates.
Pittsburgh Pirates fans the world over will be enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday today.
If one were to put the major holidays into a batting order, Thanksgiving would — for me — bat towards the top of the order as a traditional table-setter (get it?), not only because it is food-centric, but also in that it gets us ready for the Christmas season, which undoubtedly bat third in a traditional manager’s lineup.
Memorial Day would lead off, as it is an unofficial kick off to summer. In the same way, Labor day would be a cleanup hitter as it comes at the end of summer.
We’ll stop there, but here’s what we decided our holiday lineups would look like:
6th – Halloween (Hacks, but can be productive)
7th – Easter (has a specific tool, can resurrect rallies with a decent hitter)
8th – Columbus Day – some get a day off, much like an IBB in NL
— Pirates Breakdown (@pbcbreakdown) November 22, 2017
Pittsburgh Pirates thankful for…
Here’s an off the cuff list of what some Pittsburgh Pirates should be thankful for this year.
- Chad Kuhl might want to give thanks for developing a curveball that should keep him in the team’s starting rotation.
- Andrew McCutchen should be thankful for a bounce-back year. Yep.
- Gerrit Cole should be thankful for an 8.7 SO/9 and 3.53 SO/W to offset his ugly 1.4 HR/9.
- Gregory Polanco should be thankful that the 2017 season mercifully is over, and that he can look ahead with a clean slate.
- Ditto for Starling Marte
- Jose Osuna, Max Moroff and Jordan Luplow should be thankful for getting an opportunity for some MLB PAs, which will only strengthen their careers and the Pirates’s organization.
- Manager Clint Hurdle should be thankful for double bubble.
- Trevor Williams should be thankful for Twitter. And, we should all be thankful that he is on Twitter.
On a serious note, we all should be thankful for Jameson Taillon‘s recovery from testicular cancer.
And, a thank you to….you!
Pirates Breakdown would like to thank you, the reader, most of all. Our little outlet here has grown steadily from our humble beginnings in late 2015. We had our best season ever in 2017 in terms of readership, and we are so excited to continue grinding away. Our stated goal from Day One has been to push the conversation around the Pittsburgh Pirates forward. By and large, we have done just that, but we couldn’t do it without you.
We have big plans for the winter meetings and the rest of the hot stove season, before we attack 2018 with everything we got. We THANK YOU for taking the ride with us!
Subscribe To Pirates Breakdown Radio
Our podcast feed has been reborn as Pirates Breakdown Radio. On one singular feed, you will find a variety of shows, interviews, quick hits and much more. All designed to keep Pittsburgh Pirates fans informed and entertained no matter where they are.
We are on all the major podcast platforms, including iTunes and Google Play. So whether or not you have an Android or an iPhone/iPad, click on the corresponding button below to get subscribed!
Download Our Mobile Apps
The introduction of our new FREE Mobile Apps gets fans closer to their favorite Pittsburgh Pirates coverage than ever before. Click here to learn about some of the features of our new app – or, if you just can’t wait, click the corresponding app store for your device and grab your copy now.