2018 is shaping up to serve as the most pivotal season in the Neal Huntington era. Now, Pittsburgh Pirates fans will have the ultimate resource to get them ready.
Pittsburgh Pirates fans were elated yesterday when the club announced that it had acquired slugger Corey Dickerson. After an acrimonious offseason, it was a glimmer of hope that despite all off-the-field debate, the on-the-field ballclub could still hold fans’ attention.
Here at Pirates Breakdown, we have consistently felt that the 2018 club would be chock-full of interesting stories. Accordingly, we are happy and proud to announce the publication of Pirates Guide 2018 – A complete field guide to the 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates.
Pirates Guide will be released through Amazon on March 5th, 2018. It will be available in Kindle e-book and paperback formats. The e-book format retails for $5.99, and provides the best value.
The paperback will be more expensive due to printing costs. We will update that price once the book is finalized.
Those who purchase the E-book edition will be able to read it on any device on which the Kindle reading app is supported (basically, all smartphones, tablets, PCs and e-readers).
Here’s what you can expect to find inside:
- In-depth analysis on major storylines that will shape the 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Complete player previews of all players on the club’s 40-man roster. These are condensed into the “stats and storylines that matter,” distilling discussion around any player down to the most incisive facets of his performance. These are not the usual run-of-the-mill preview material found elsewhere.
- Deep analytical studies complete with visual aides to keep you well informed for your office water cooler gatherings.
- A complete breakdown of the Pittsburgh Pirates’ drafting during the Neal Huntington era as compared to the team’s NL Central rivals. Finally, the debate around the team’s ability to draft will be answered once and for all.
The book is a joint venture between many talented individuals. Jason Rollison of Pirates Breakdown and Kevin Creagh of The Point of Pittsburgh will serve as the co-editors of the book as well as providing quality insight throughout.
- The book will also feature a foreword from 93.7 The Fan’s Chris Mack – the Pirates’ flagship’s pre and post game host.
- David Slusser of Rumbunter and our own Nathan Werner will provide their usual brand of in-depth analysis rarely seen elsewhere. Among the topics they will dive into include the Pirates’ outfield defensive outlook, hitter aggression, pitch location usage and much more.
- Josh Taylor — the host of Bucco Talk on 93.7 The Fan each Saturday — will provide his always engaging take on Felipe Rivero‘s ceiling, an outline of how this club might just surprise a few people this season and more.
- Joy Frank Collins of PBD will lend her usual perspective that helps us all remember how the game of baseball is grounded in human emotion.
We are so very excited to share this with you. Between now and March 5th, we will be publishing selected snippets of the works found in the book to whet your appetite for the real thing. We’ll also be running some unique contests to give away some freebies to our loyal readers.
None of this would be possible without Pittsburgh Pirates fans who have shown us time and time again through their support of our work that the thirst for Pirates talk that pushes the conversation forward remains as strong as ever.